Saturday, February 13, 2010


WE DID IT! The unveiling went off without a hitch today! It started with a lot of preparation getting ready for the big crowd expected and sure enough it arrived. The mayor of West Vancouver made the official welcoming on behalf of the Olympics and the city and thanked all the artists for their contirbution to the true Olympic spirit. The artists , VIP guests and friends and family watched as the mural was unveiled to gasps and cheers!

I have posted only a few images tonight as I am exhausted and my video below has a sampling of the day. More images will follow but I am thrilled to say- KUNAMOKST is now unveiled!!!!!





5 comments:

Wendy Palmer said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Another amazing mural you guys have successfully designed and put together with a lot of work. Well done Phil, Paul and Louis!!!! I am so proud to be a part of this wonderful Canadian Mural. I wish I could have been there. I was thinking of you while I was in a hockey rink (another great Canadian sport!!) Have fun you guys and enjoy the Olympics. Your friend Wendy

shari erickson said...

How cool! Thank you for your dedication and enthusiam to see this project through. You must be so tired! I have really enjoyed being a part of this mural and it is so interesting to see my contribution (#147) becoming part of the whole. This is truly a national treasure for Canada and I am proud to be involved, representing Oregon, USA.

artist said...

Great, I am happy to took part of it. Lovely blog and thank you for it. Beautiful job everybody artist and organisator.

artist said...

Wonderful mural, I am so happy to participated to this mural. I wish I could been there but you blog is beautiful and thank you to post it. Every artist done a wonderful job. Thank you to our organisator and crator of this project. I am so happy about my move in BC that gave me so much inspiration.

Lisa Riehl said...

It looks FANTASTIC!!!! I can't wait to see it in person next week. I am so happy to have have been part of such an amazingly creative project. And kudos to you all for the great organization! I can only imagine how much work this has been for you...