Sunday, October 31, 2010




Mary is pregnant.

After the challenges of accepting her news and sharing the news with Joseph Mary is finally able to just absorb the fact that she is with child and with the support of Joseph will bring this child into the world.

I remember when my wife was pregnant with our little girl. It was an amazing time.I would often catch myself looking at my wife in awe. To know that another life was growing within her was hard to fathom at times. What an amazing miracle to behold.

There is a certain helplessness that i felt as well. Although I was in awe of what was happening I was also sometimes frustrated at that I could not do more to help. As beautiful as the creation of life is, it is not easy. So many times I wished i could just take the unborn baby for her so she could have a break. Especially closer to the due date.

So I just did what i could to support her and make her as comfortable as I could. Those moments were some of the greatets moments to treasure too. Although i could not take away much of her discomfort my efforts created an even greater bond between the two of us and without even being able to see our child yet we were already becoming parents.

I have to post a picture here of our little girl...as any parent will know...with all the ups and downs of creating a life and being a parent to see the smile of your child makes everything sooo worthwhile.

No comments: