Saturday, January 31, 2004

I went to visit Holly at the U of A hospital where her son Matt is in Edmonton today. He is in rough shape as he is currently in a coma and Dr.s aren't sure yet what degree he has been injured. But its a difficult situation for everyone and all we can do is pray that Matt recovers. I saw Holly and Sandy as well as Derek- the good friend of Matt who he was riding with at the time of the accident- and his family. I really felt for Derek as you could really see on his face the concern for his friend.
In true Holly form- even in a time of such difficulty she stops and hands me over 8 sponsors she lined up for the show in G.P. just prior to the accident. She never ceases to amaze me. We sat and chatted about how these challenging times are really a reality check. Problems that seemed so difficult before suddenly don't even have any relevance at all. Holly and her family are a great inspiration to me. I pray that their strength , hope, faith and positive attitude will allow them to rise above this challenging time and it all works out in the end.

No comments: